Tasmanian Family History Society Mersey header

St Joseph's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Forth

First Known Burial

was Sarah McNally died 24 September 1866 age 90 years St Joseph's Catholic Church was opened on the 18th April 1866 and the cemetery was established soon after It was built by Mr. Michael Dooley, who came from Tipperary in Eire.

A convent and a Josephite school was established in 1889 The church was vacant for many years and in 1993 a decision was made by the Order of the Sisters of St. Joseph to create a Retreat centre at Forth and rename the complex MacKillop Hill. The centre was opened in March 1995.

©TFHS Inc. All rights reserved
Site last updated October 2022